Wednesday, March 25, 2015

5 Important Things I considered before Investing









     Investing is the key to building wealth. It allows our money grow in a period of time. It’s easy to decide yet we need things to consider before diving into. I’m sharing you things I did before I began my investment.

1. Do Diligence
The first and foremost thing I did was, I learned the basic concept in investing.  I invests in my knowledge as Ben Franklin said, "Investing in yourself always pays the best interest.“ I started reading financial books like Rich Dad Poor Dad of Mr. Kiyosaki. I followed financial related blogs and  downloaded free financial e-books. I watched also You Tube videos like complete episodes of Pesos And Sense. I attended Financial webinars. And mostly, I paid my lunch, I subscribed to Truly Rich Club of Bo Sanchez and learned my very basic understanding on stock market investment. I initiated my willingness to learn. I want to change my Financial status and the only way is to educate myself financially.

2. Settled Debts (Bad)
Before I invests, I reminded myself  to settled my debts. Honestly, during first half of my contract I used to borrowed money from my colleagues. I’m having hard time on managing my finances since I have my salary deductions for my residence permit. I took the responsibility on paying my debts, and gladly I’m freed from it and turned myself into a lender. I did cut my expenses and created a budget plan. I set aside first fund  for my tithes, savings and then lastly for my debts. I did it slowly but surely . Discipline and commitment were the keys.

3. Build  Emergency Funds
Aside from paying-myself-first, I set aside fund for emergencies. Emergency fund covering my expenses for 3-6 months. It’s my fall back fund to avoid from getting into debt. I am oriented that my investment at first don't guarantee yet an instant return. In life uncertainty, I know my emergency fund will be my safe haven!

4.  Get my  Insurance
Emergency Fund is different from Insurance. There are different types of it depending on our needs.  Insurance can provide protection  from our big financial losses like medical emergencies, accidents, sudden death, paying of estate tax . It covers our future expenses. As of my now, I have my term insurance, I’m planning to get my life insurance when I have my vacation in Pinas. You must Insure yourself too. Seek Financial advice and choose your policy according to your needs.

5. Build an Investment Fund
When I began saving, I started setting aside fund for my investment. Twenty (20) percent of our income is recommended to keep for investment fund  but it may vary depending on your preference. We should learn how to invest and  let our money work for us.

     As I stated above the guidelines before Investing, you now have an idea on what
to do first. A little introduction on ways to invest your money. One  of them is  through Stock Market. A place where we can buy and sell the shares of big companies like SM, Jollibee, PLDT etc. In the Philippines we have Philippines Stock Exchange Inc. located in Pasig City. Though investing in the stocks is risky but its potential  returns is so rewarding.  It requires enough knowledge and guidance to begin with. I recommend this book for newbies  "My Maid Invest in the stock market.. and why you should too. This is a brief explanation on how will you able to understand stock market in a simple way. Download your copy here.

Disclaimer: You need to talk to your Financial Consultant  first for assessment before you jump into any investment vehicle.

Knowing what you're doing is winning half the battle.




PS.1. Be a smart Stock Investor. Get Fundamental and Technical Analysis from Pinoy Investor.
 SIGN-UP for FREE. Click HERE.

PS.2. Join us in Truly Rich Club of Bo Sanchez and be part of amazing welath circle. Subscribe here.











No comments:

Leave a comment . Your e-mail address will not be publish. Required fields are marked.

Name

Email *

Message *

Stock Market Investor, receive your monthly FREE Stock Recommendations. SIGN-UP HERE.

Stock Picks, Target Prices and Buy/Hold/Sell Recommendations! (size 468x60)